The RL Oceania Player Code of Conduct
RL Oceania has a mission to aid, grow and maintain the Oceanic Rocket League Community by any means necessary. In pursuing its goals, RL Oceania serves the interests of those within the community. The following code of conduct aims to ensure that players uphold the values which help maintain the integrity of this community. The following code applies individuals who participate in any RL Oceania Competition, past or present, or becomes a member of the RL Oceania Discord.
1. Players are expected to uphold reasonable and respectful behaviour at all times during RLO competitions.
2. Any form of abuse, violence or unfriendly antagonising is prohibited during any RLO competitions.
3. Players are to be clearly identifiable at all times during competition. Playing under a false or unidentifiable alias is prohibited.
4. Entering into any match or game server that players are not assigned to is forbidden.
5. Only official broadcasters and RLO staff are permitted to spectate competition matches. Substitutes and coaches are not permitted to spectate.
6. Players are to follow all instructions given by an RLO staff member, official or volunteer. This does not apply if the instruction is deemed unreasonable.
7. Players must be honesty when presenting information requested by another player or RLO staff member. This includes, but is not restricted to, match 8. scores, replay files and screenshots.
8. All forms of cheating and exploitation of the game is strictly prohibited during competition.
In and Out of competition.
1. Players are expected to conduct themselves in a reasonable and respectful manner when interacting with the community.
2. Players are expected to address other community members with honesty and respect.
3. Any form of abuse, violence or unfriendly antagonising is strictly prohibited at all times.
4. Any form of spam or unreasonable publication of material in any public forum, owned or observed by RLO, is strictly prohibited.
5. When issued with a reasonable request to stop any action by another community member, players are expected to stop performing said actions.
6. The publication of any personal information or documents surrounding another community member, without written consent, is strictly prohibited.
7. Any form of threat towards a community member, group, or organisation is prohibited.
8. Any form of identity fraud (representing an individual besides yourself) is strictly prohibited.
9. The publication or sharing of inappropriate media and material is strictly prohibited.
If an individual is to breach the code, they are subject to consequences deemed necessary by RL Oceania. Consequences must be agreed upon by a minimum of two RL Oceania Staff members. Punishments include, but are not limited to:
- Temporary bans from tournaments and community social forums.
- Permanent Bans from tournaments and community social forums.
- Restriction of actions within public forums.
The RL Oceania Staff Code of Conduct
RL Oceania (RLO) has a mission to aid and grow and maintain the Oceanic Rocket League Community by any means necessary. In pursuing its goals, RL Oceania serves the interests of those within the community. The following code of conduct is designed to ensure that our staff uphold the values in which RL Oceania stands by. The following code applies to all RL Oceania Staff members including volunteer and minor staff.
1. Staff members or not permitted to threaten any community member in any way.
2. When removing messages from a public forum, Staff members must create a transcript of the messages, in any case they may be needed for evidence. This excludes spam.
3. Staff members are not permitted to make major decisions without approval of at least one other Staff member. Major decisions include, but are not limited to:
1. Punishments towards a community member(s), This includes, but is not restricted to:
- Tournament Removal.
- Rejection of prizes.
2. RLO tournament structure changes
3. Initial contact with another organisation on behalf of RLO.
4. Breaking RLO’s alliances and partnerships with other organisations.
5. Editing any RLO rulesets, guidelines or code of conducts, including this one.
6. Expenditure of any RLO savings.
7. Publishing new artwork to any public forum on behalf of RLO.
8. Publishing official statements on behalf of RLO.
9. Creating accounts or aliases representing RLO.
10. Editing accounts or aliases representing RLO.
11. Recruitment of new RLO staff or admins.
12. Termination of any RLO staff members.
13. Cancelling an RLO event.
14. Introducing a new event under RLO’s name.
15. The handling and distribution of confidential information.
4. Staff members must uphold mature and respectful behaviour while addressing any community members or public forums. They must act with honesty and integrity on behalf of RL Oceania.
5. All staff members must take responsibility for their actions and decisions. They must ensure they do not exceed the authority of their position.
Staff members are not to engage in any form of abuse or harm against another community member. All community members are to be treated with respect and equality.
6. Staff members, must protect all innocent community members, from any form of harm and abuse within the community, at all times possible.
7. In the case of confrontation within the community, Staff members are required to collect all evidence and material, report to another staff member, and conclude on an appropriate response.
8. When presenting punishment on a community member, said member must be informed of such punishments, and the public is to be notified of who has been punished and for what reason.
9. Staff members must respect and maintain the confidentiality of information gained as a volunteer or employee, including, but not limited too, all computer software and files, the RL Oceania business documents and printouts.
10. RLO staff are expected to project an approachable, friendly and fair attitude when addressing community members, no matter the circumstance.
11. When issued with a proposition by a community member, staff must respond with reason and clarity. If a staff members feels they’re unable to respond appropriately, they are encouraged to consult another staff member.
1. It’s the responsibility of the RLO staff to ensure that there is always a minimum of 2 people managing a tournament at a single time, to fill out the following roles.
1. Tournament Manager, who’s responsible for the following:
1. Maintaining their assigned tournament bracket or set of competition matches.
2. Ensuring their assigned matches are run smoothly, and at the appropriate times.
3. Ensuring that games which are selected to be casted, have their respective teams notified and informed about the broadcast process.
4. Ensuring the broadcasters have the information in order to broadcast said matches.
2. Tournament Representative, who’s responsible for the following:
1. Delivering the initial tournament brief, stating all necessary information.
2. Monitoring the competitions Twitch chat.
3. Monitoring the RLO discord text channels.
4. Monitoring RLO social media.
5. Maintaining and responding to questions and statements in any of these when necessary
6. Responding to competition disputes, and questions.
2. Staff members who are assigned to these roles are not permitted to abandon their role and other tournament staff, without finding a replacement staff member.
3. Staff members are only permitted to be absent from these roles for the following reasons:
1. Use of toiletries.
2. Quick consumption of food or drink.
3. Emergencies, or home matters.
4. It’s the responsibility of RLO staff members to ensure that there is at least one staff member managing each bracket
At no point in time, must this code be breached by a RL Oceania staff member. Any breach of this code may result in position review, demotion or termination of said individual.
RL Oceania (RLO) is committed to providing quality services to you and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to you in respect of how we manage your Personal Information.
We have adopted the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (the Privacy Act). The NPPs govern the way in which we collect, use, disclose, store, secure and dispose of your Personal Information.
A copy of the Australian Privacy Principles may be obtained from the website of The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner at www.aoic.gov.au
What is Personal Information and why do we collect it?
Personal Information is information or an opinion that identifies an individual. Examples of Personal Information we collect include: names, addresses, email addresses, phone and facsimile numbers.
This Personal Information is obtained in many ways including interviews, correspondence, by voice call and facsimile, by email, by discord and teamspeek, via our website www.rloceania.com, from media and publications, from other publicly available sources, from cookies and from third parties. We don’t guarantee website links or policy of authorised third parties.
We collect your Personal Information for the primary purpose of providing our services to you, providing information to our clients and marketing. We may also use your Personal Information for secondary purposes closely related to the primary purpose, in circumstances where you would reasonably expect such use or disclosure. You may unsubscribe from our mailing/marketing lists at any time by contacting us in writing.
When we collect Personal Information we will, where appropriate and where possible, explain to you why we are collecting the information and how we plan to use it.
Sensitive information is defined in the Privacy Act to include information or opinion about such things as an individual's racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious or philosophical beliefs, membership of a trade union or other professional body, criminal record or health information.
Sensitive information will be used by us only:
• For the primary purpose for which it was obtained
• For a secondary purpose that is directly related to the primary purpose
• With your consent; or where required or authorised by law.
Where reasonable and practicable to do so, we will collect your Personal Information only from you. However, in some circumstances we may be provided with information by third parties. In such a case we will take reasonable steps to ensure that you are made aware of the information provided to us by the third party.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed in a number of circumstances including the following:
• Third parties where you consent to the use or disclosure; and
• Where required or authorised by law.
Security of Personal Information
Your Personal Information is stored in a manner that reasonably protects it from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
When your Personal Information is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was obtained, we will take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your Personal Information. However, most of the Personal Information is or will be stored in client files which will be kept by us for a minimum of 7 years.
Access to your Personal Information
You may access the Personal Information we hold about you and to update and/or correct it, subject to certain exceptions. If you wish to access your Personal Information, please contact us in writing.
RL Oceania (RLO) will not charge any fee for your access request, but may charge an administrative fee for providing a copy of your Personal Information.
In order to protect your Personal Information we may require identification from you before releasing the requested information.
Maintaining the Quality of your Personal Information
It is an important to us that your Personal Information is up to date. We will take reasonable steps to make sure that your Personal Information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you find that the information we have is not up to date or is inaccurate, please advise us as soon as practicable so we can update our records and ensure we can continue to provide quality services to you.
This Policy may change from time to time and is available on our website.